Back to School Wishes (and some freebies!)
OUR ONE-WORD WISHES
Each calendar year we each select a word to ground ourselves throughout the year. Our One Word HyperDoc (bit.ly/onewordhd) has been used far and wide -- it’s a favorite! This lesson can be used at the start of the school year, or at the start of a new calendar year. This particular school year we want to share a wish for you all that is based on our own 2022 words. And of course we each included a HyperDoc to align with our one word wish! Our wishes and HyperDoc lessons are here.
LESSON HIGHLIGHT: VISION BOARDS
This HyperDoc lesson was designed with Adobe Express, and the intention is to help students formulate their own vision for learning -- that might extend across the school day and into their personal lives. Can you see the pedagogy within the lesson?
- ENGAGE: Video to consider why goals matter (from young kids’ perspective!)
- EXPLORE: Curated examples to prompt an inquiry discussion
- EXPLAIN: Components of vision boards, and WHY they are useful
- APPLY: Design on Adobe Express graphic template
- REFLECT/SHARE: Post your creation in community with others on Padlet
- EXTEND: Create an action plan to get going on your goal(s)
HYPERDOCS to PROMOTE BONDING
Education offers a new beginning at the start of a new school year. We often encourage teachers to ‘go slow to go fast’ which can translate into spending time getting to know students, goal-setting, and building community. These ideas and HyperDocs can be used over time, not all at once. Some can even be delivered across a span of a few class periods or days. Consider what tone you wish to set for your classroom, and choose a HyperDoc to help create the environment you want for your students.